NYC: Packing for your trip!
If you are planning on visiting the Big Apple I have put together some awesome things to pack for a fun filled trip!
I absolutely love NYC. I visited New York last year in May and vowed to myself that I would one day return and that's exactly what I did!
New York is like Vancouver... except on steroids. If you think traffic is bad here in Van city then you will be blown away by the craziness in NYC. It amazing though, I love every minute I'm there. NYC is what they call a walking city. Although there is a sea of yellow you will get the best experience walking on the streets.
What to pack for NYC:
1. Comfy Runners: If you plan on staying central ( i.e.. Times Square, Manhattan etc) you will still be 20-40 min walking distances to places. Yes, you can use the Subway which Is also a map of craziness. Having comfy sneakers is a must as you will be walking all over this gorgeous city.
2. Poncho: since its springtime and much like our weather, NYC's climate changes rapidly. It was blazing hot for 2 days then the next day my phone got a " flash flood" warning... if you want to pack an umbrella be my guest but you will, and I mean WILL get caught in the rush of people and get stuck. Try finding a fashionable poncho!
3. Side sling bag: Its important to bring a sling bag as you will need your arms for walking. Seriously though, if you bring a big bag it will just be a nuisance, maybe you will hit people with it or in crowds, might get something stolen.
4. Water bottle: Its important to have a water bottle on you and fill up in local Starbucks as buying water on the streets gets very expensive.
5. Cash: In a plastic world you still should carry some dolla bills on you. Now im not talking $500.00. You should have the right amount for tipping your shuttle drivers or if you go see attractions but also if you want to stop in those authentic NYC pizza shops! They only take cash.
6. Map/pre planner: No Joke this was a life saver. Add on the "Roam like Home" to your phone plan before you leave. Or load your maps on your iPad! Then bring your phone with you. Google maps will not only tell you walking distances it will also update you with traffic, what subway to take and when the next one is arriving. ( Also got myself a cover from Logiix to protect my iPad)
7. Tech Everything: I brought all my favourite tech items with me to NYC listed here:
1. Logiix Smart Connect mini that made my headphones wireless!
2. Logiix Piston Connect Steel Jolt cable! This cable is sleek, virtually unbreakable and extremely convenient; providing you with extra length and mobility. The perfect sidekick to looking fashionable in NYC and durable!
3. Blue Piston Speaker. This portable bluetooth speaker has a brushed aluminum military grade shell and built-in low frequency resonance system for a clearer sound. Perfect to jam in the hotel room or outside!
4. My Stance for my apple watch. Featuring a foldable design and strong aluminum build, this simple stand adds another level of convenience for your regular, or your traveling nights
5. BLUE PISTON TUNEFRĒQS CLASSIC are anti-scratch in ear headphones designed for a better fit and comfort. The high performance drivers are located towards the edge to more efficiently direct sound towards the ear. The tuneFRĒQS Classic have a built-in microphone with one-button controls for music and handsfree functions. Anti-slip silicone ear bud tips included for additional comfort.
8. Clothing: Bring an assortment of clothing. pants and light jackets or thicker sweaters. The weather can be very unpredictable in NYC. Having layers helps that way you can strip down if the day gets warmer and layer back on if it gets colder. Also remember to bring something fancy. Remember that NYC is famous for their Broadway plays and fine dining so bring something pretty to wear for one of your nights.
9. Bring a smaller carry on bag. Something you can pack in your bag but then use for when you come home. NYC has a huge shopping district, home of Jimmy Fallon and ( I Love NYC) shirts, pens and pretty much everything. You will want to come home with gifts galore for yourself and friends and the last thing you want is to not have room in your luggage!
10. Good camera: Yes your Smartphone may take great pictures but as a photographer I recommend bringing a nicer camera as NYC has amazing scenic shots that you will want to capture in a higher quality.
NEW YORK IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA! SO GET PACKING!