For most of us buying an airplane ticket to our next destination is nothing short of magical. Every time I purchase a ticket I am instantly filled with excitement as I embark on yet another awesome adventure. However, for my husband and I this time around we decided to embark on a different journey ... because as they say its not the destination, its the journey! We decided to take a road trip up to sunny Los Angeles and hit the Oregon coast along the way.
We were super excited to hit the road and pass the cutest towns ( some looking haunted AF...)
We stopped in places like Canon beach, Newport, saw a wicked light house and even a sketchy town called Eureka ( which I don't recommend on stopping in... so creepy) We saw some red woods, drove over the Golden Gate Bridge through San Francisco. We walked from Santa Monica Pier to Venice Beach, stayed in Disney for 3 days, visited Harry Potter Land and Universal and even spent a night in San Pedro! I was so glad I packed properly and I am sharing my 10 Road Trip Essentials right here!!!
10 Road Trip Essentials
1. Sunglasses - Bring a good pair of sunglasses. Maybe one casual one for driving that's comfy because as you hit those sunny destinations you will need this for driving safely.
2. Comfy Clothes - sweaters, sweatpants, runners etc- you will be sitting for long periods of time so its emparative you have some comfy clothes on for the ride.
3. Juice - No! I don't mean like drinking juice! I mean back up batteries and chargers - this was so important to have especially if you are sleeping in those rest stops. You can't keep your car running all night so back up batteries are so impprtant to have. lucky for me I had 2 amazing units to pack - Logiix Beacon that has not only a strong battery but a cool lantern at the bottom! Plus I brought my 12,000 mha Piston Power back up charger ( this also was life saving at the parks we went to) I also bring along my World Traveller USB Charger from Logiix as not only does it have the adapters but 2 usb charger ports to charge my devices at the same time!
4. Good Music - driving can be that much more fun with some awesome tracks - for me I jammed to 90's pop and of course Disney to get me pumped for Disneyland ( Husband on the other hand listened to techno and rap)
5. Snacks/Water - We were so impressed with ourselves as we used up all our PC mastercard points for basically free food for our trip! Snacks and hydration is so important on a road trip. You need fuel in the car and fuel in your body to drive such long distances!
6. Sunscreen - No one wants half their body to burn... even if you are in a car putting on the sunscreen will shelter your "driving arm" and the rest of you so you don't burn!
7. Camera/Video Camera - You need to capture all these amazing moments so make sure you are fully loaded with your proper gear so you can document your trip with clear and beautiful photos and videos!
8. First aid kit - Yes we packed a huge kit that included emergency food , bandaids, fire starter, gauze, a reflector heat thermal blanket and much more! You never know and its better to be over prepared...
9. Blanket - Again if you stop off at those resting stops or just to have for comfort you will want to bring a blanket along. For me it's cozy and feels like you are bringing a bit of home wherever you go!
10. GPS/Maps to know where you are going - probably the most crucial of the items. We luckily had a GPS built in to the car but you never know! Reading maps is not my thing so I'm glad we mapped out our trip pretty well before on our iPhones!
Well, there you have it folks! My top 10 road trip essentials!!! Thanks for checking this out and before you go.......
Check out our Video recap of our LA Road trip!