So This is 30
I have changed so much from the little over emotional shy girl I once was. I grew up with not a lot, with my mother working full time and a father who was in and out of jobs living in apartments with half my life with no car. I was made fun of, of the things I didn't have and always felt left out. I vowed to myself that I would make a better life and it shaped me to be more compassionate to others.
I graduated with a degree in Criminology with no debts because my mother taught me that if I didn't have the funds then it wasn't happening. Both her and I saved and paid my way through school. I worked full time for most of the year while going to school full time. It was difficult and many times I almost gave up but kept fighting because there was always fire in me pushing me.
I have always loved travelling and another thing I didn't do when I was little since we didn't have a lot of money. When I started my first job I always made sure to take 2 weeks off to travel places. I have been all over Europe, Mexico, States and I am so so thankful for the amazing opportunities that I have had.
I look back at my 30 years and I get way to emotional. I am so dam proud of myself. I built a business from nothing and have watched it grow more and more very year. I have given everything in to my photography business and now turning 30 and re-launching with so much more I can offer I fully feel like I have found my calling and it feel hella good.
Everyone has a story, we all have been through rough roads and we continue to fight through living out our dreams and our goals. But what I can say that is when you go through enlightenment periods, you start to learn more and more about yourself. You stop looking on to others for approval or for anything for that matter and you turn and look deeper into yourself. 20's have been a huge enlightenment period. I have changed so much in the ways that I treat myself and others around me. I no longer keep things inside and explode like a bomb, I don't take things to personally anymore and I sure as hell don't take crap from others. Thats another thing that happens during your enlightenment period, you get this crazy sense of yourself and the things you want and don't want. The things that no longer serve you, you get rid of. Wether it be that amazing Chanel bag, those ripped jeans that you wore for like 5 years straight or that horrible so called friend that shit talks about you and then is fake to your face. Then you make room for all the cool stuff like the new and improved bag that holds more stuff and cost half that price or the new jeans that are spandex so you can wear them even during woman week and your new friend who is the coolest and honest raddest person around who has your back and isn't shitty!
My friend you can have it all.
A lot of people ask me how I was able to build my little business to what is today and for the most part its all been a crazy ride that I tend to forget - maybe because I am just so happy now or maybe cuz I don't want to think about all the heartache in the beginning. Whatever the case, the one thing I have learned through life is this:
ASK FOR IT.
If you just put yourself out there, the only thing you have to lose is...NOTHING. If you started out with nothing then you have nothing to lose! There is no gamble! You just ask for it. Last week I asked a company oif they wanted to work work with me... they said no.. and not a nice no, like a really mean no. But guess what instead of crying or getting pissed I just decided it wasn't going to ruin my day and that I was the one who asked. But get this? The same day I got back 3 yes's! from other people I messaged!
There really is no secret to this. Turning 30 was a bit daunting at first but I embrace it all with open arms because if this is 30, then my friend I'll take it.
Photos by Chelsey Luren Portraits
Tony Robbins Recap
I was lucky enough to attend Tony Robbins in Vancouver a few weeks ago and after practicing what I learned I decided to share with all of you some of my important lessons learned.
1. There is always a way. In life we are constantly learning new things and yet most of the time we fail to apply them.
2. We are told since the 20th Century to behave passively and then when we behave with high energy we are mocked and misunderstood. We are told to fit in and not stand out.
3. Knowledge is the potential of power and actions change that outcome.
4. There are 2 skills to achieve an extraordinary life a. science of achievement b. the art of fulfillment
5. In life we are constantly looking for achievement and we will never fill that empty void whereas if we are looking for fulfilment we are able to live the life we want.
6. Information without emotion cannot be attained ( vis versa)
7. Read all the books and then APPLY
8. Repition is the mother of skill
9. When things go wrong, people play victim, and tend to blame everyone, the greatest quality of life is that we need to take 100% of our life and stop blaming others. If you take a look at people that are happy even when things don't go their way ( we can learn a lot from them)
10. When we fail we need to continue to work on getting what we want.
11. What are we afraid of? - of we were to write down all our fears and the reason why we were afraid to fail what would we write? How would we solve this problem?
12. People claim that it is a lack of resources but if you are DETERMINED enough you will succeed.
13. In business know who your clients are. Write down your ideal client and OFFER MORE VALUE. This is how we keep clients and create new wealth.
14. Learn how to become resourceful - we need to write what we are focusing on.
15. Whats wring is always available - so is whats right.
16. We need to be grateful and focus on what we have. We spend too much of our life always wanting more. Creating goals and achieving them but not being proud or being grateful for what we have. Try practicing "MARU" a state of gratitude. Always being grateful for what we have and focusing on the great things will allow us to be in a state of gratefulness and content.
17. If what we are doing isn't working we need to change our blueprint.
18. We need to find out why we are here? Increasing our quality of life allows us to see more in what we want in life and how to achieve it. We need to write what an extraordinary life looks like. When we write this down we get one step closer in to making our dreams a reality.
19. One of the reasons why we don't ever achieve a particular goal is that we don't take action. We need to change our approach when things don't go the way we want it to. The goal os effective execution. Try modelling someone and doing what they are doing. There is NO LUCK just a shift and perseverance.
20. Try being in a state of GRACE - more you see the grace the more it comes to you. We need to apply what we are taught and align that with abundance.
21. Giving in to stress and believing in those stressful thoughts allows us to get in to a low state so we are unclear and not on the right path.
22. The next time we feel down or upset, we need to realize that these thoughts are over 100 years old and not our original thoughts.
23. Our freedom is to master the art of fulfillment.
Now going in to my business full time and starting to celebrate my 30th birthday Month ( yes I am totally doing this) I felt like seeing Tony and applying what he discussed is starting to shape my future for the better.
"It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped."- Tony Robbins
I hope these notes helped a little! I wish I could go in to more detail but I guess you will just need to go see Tony Live! It will change your life!
Outfits from Whats Good Vintage