Interview with Kylee Ann Photography
1. What is the name, name of your business and where are you from?
Kylee Maughan, Kylee Ann Photography, From Olympia, Washington Living in / Based out of Northern Utah
2. What was your defining moment where you knew you would become a photographer?
I always loved photography. In high school I took a photojournalism class. I took my dad’s DSLR to every social event I could. When I moved to college, I tried to buy a nice camera but couldn’t afford it. When my husband (fiancé then) and I were dating, I shared my dreams with him. He sold his xbox and bought me my very first dslr. He was the first person to believe in me, and right then I knew it’s what I wanted to do and become.
3. What is your favourite thing about being a photographer
I love telling stories and capturing emotions that stir emotions in viewers. My sisters and I always had a competition growing up of who gave the best present based on if they cried or not. That’s what I try to do with photography. Dig deep, make people feel. It takes work, but when it’s achieved the feeling is indescribable.
4. How did you come up with the concept of a planner for photographers?
I made the planner for myself originally. I LOVE being organized. I love lists. I love categorizing my lists. I love color coding. I love seeing my lists in multiple ways. I couldn’t find a planner that fit all my needs, so I made one. And then I decided to share. I’m a big sharer. If you read my blog or follow me on social media, you know that I don’t have secrets. If I think it can help improve the photo industry and other’s lives, I share it.
5. What is your advise for people who want to chase their dreams?
Do it. Dream Big. And don’t let anyone stop you. You can do it. There will be hard times. And days you want to give up. But when you can reach your dreams, all the setbacks are worth it
6. Your favourite quote
We can’t direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails -Thomas S Monson
GIVE AWAY TIME!!!
We are giving away a Photographer's Planner to a lucky winner!
1. Comment on this blog post with your name and your Facebook name
2. Like Kylee Ann Photography and Allyfotografy on Facebook
3. Winner will be messaged next month! Good Luck and thank you for stopping by!