Tulips of the Valley Blogger Breakfast
The beauty of a tulip is simple or any other flower to be exact. Flowers grow, they bloom then they die. Flowers don't compete to try to be more beautiful than the next flower. A tulip doesn't try to become a lily or a rose. It is unique and special just on its own. We are just like flowers flourishing in the field, blooming and growing.
When was the last time you connected with yourself. When you planted your feet and stood with purpose.
If you are feeling disconnected with yourself or if you are just looking for a beautiful place to escape for an hour, Tulips of the Valley in Chilliwack is the best place to go. Located in Chilliwack this gorgeous field is covered in variations of tulips and will not only help you connect with the beauty of nature but also with yourself.
We recently attended the Tulips of the Valley Blogger breakfast hosted by Tulips of the Valley and Sequel Events
We had a chance to walk the fields early in the morning and take some photos just by ourselves! It was nice taking time to see my friends and enjoy some quiet time all while enjoying the fields.
I want YOU to go too so im giving away 2 passes to the Tulips of the Valley!!! All you have to do is like this post on Facebook and tag a friend you would bring, its that easy!
Here are some awesome shots by Holly Ho and also check out our little video recap!
Hawaii Beach Essentials: Featuring Logiix
Our trip to Hawaii was more than I expected! As written in my previous blog, we had such a great time just lounging and digging deep to find our purpose.
Andrew and I love laying by the beach and enjoying the beautiful sounds of the waves! Since we were only in Hawaii for 4 days and on budget, we needed to really take advantage of the time spent so we decided to stay mostly on the beach.
I have put together for you my top 10 essentials to bring to Hawaii for those great beach days!!!
Top 10 items to bring to the beach
1. You will need some awesome towels to lay on - we usually buy big blanket towels that we can use at the beach and also to take home as an awesome souvenir.
2. Music - We love just relaxing by the ocean, we brought along 2 different BT speakers with us by Logiix.
Blue Piston Elements Speaker: With HD sound this dual-function speaker and handsfree device lasts with over 8 hours of play time. With built-in Bluetooth capabilities and an IPX5 weather resistant speaker, you can truly bring your music to life anywhere, and in any weather which was perfect for our trip!. The built-in selfie function will also make your photo taking that much easier. This awesome speaker was great to bring out on our floaters on the water and we weren't afraid of getting it wet! Music on the ocean was the only way to go!
The other speaker we brought was the Blue Piston original BT speaker! This device packs some good sound and bonus it matched the ocean with its beautiful blue finish! It also has a custom HD driver for high quality sound and some super bass and plays up to 8 hours so we had music on the beach going strong too! The quality is amazing too with its durable aluminum housing and wireless speakerphone. We made calls on the beach and the noise reduction also helped as it was pretty loud by the ocean!
3. Water: keeping hydrated is so important and lucky for us we were given awesome reusable bottles from our hotel! so we stocked up on water!
4. Sun protection: bringing sunnies, sunscreen , hats and covers will protect you from the crazy Hawaii heat!!! Lucky for us we got some awesome sunnies from Ro-shambo-baby. These puppies are not only indestructible but they look awesome and are super comfy! Made in Italy and made for babies up to adults, you wont have to worry about stepping or laying on your sunnies ( like I always do)
5. Reading material: we brought our planners, books and magazines to keep us occupied on the beach!!! ABC store has an awesome local magazine which I snagged to read up on all the news in Waikiki!
6. Comfy swim gear: I was lucky enough to get an awesome suit that fit me. I was able to run around and swim freely knowing my suit would stay on securely!
7. Selfie stick: Since Andrew and I would be taking each others photos we took along a selfie stick to the beach so we could take some video and pictures so we both could be in it!
8. Comfy flip flops - we both love Sanuk and the company Reef and these two flip flops were perfect for walking in long distances and keeping our piggies safe from the burning Hawaii sand!
9. Back up battery chargers: we brought along multiple chargers just because we were at the beach for long periods of time with multiple electronics! We brought the new shortie cables by Logiix. These cables are much smaller designed for your back up batteries, quality is still the same, built with ultra slim aluminum connecters, tangle free. we brought the Piston elements back up charger and once again the durability of the charger helped for those wet beach days! Finally we brought along the Piston power 3400 mAh charger with a battery charge time of 3-4 hours. We love the compact design, the aluminum finish matching our piston speaker and shortie cable and of course ... the ocean!
10. Underwater camera/video camera!- we brought our go pro along for the trip to capture all our moments in and off the water! The Go- pro is the best cam around for water sports as it has the best housing while giving you a while angle shot of your scenery!!!
These are our top 10 beach items in order for you to become a beach bum in Hawaii! There is just something about hanging out on the beach, listening to your favortite music and watching the sun set... just magical
So, what are you waiting for? Book your next trip to Hawaii in style!
"You have your brush, you have your colors, you paint your paradise, then in you go”