To swim suit or not?
With all those amazing suits out there and with summer fast approaching us it is important to find a suit that ... well... suits us!
I for one can be super shy when strutting the beaches half naked. Especially now with everyone moving towards a "body positive" world I think it super important to not only love the body you are in but to also be proud to show it off!
With that being said this blog is all about body positivity!
I have had a really tough time finding a swimsuit that made me feel comfortable all around!I did find one at Target which was a fully body black suit but it was still riding up my arse so that one is stayed in the closet.
I teamed up with The Secret Closet to bring you the best bathing suit you will ever need: Introducing the Sassy Suit .. ( note: I totally named her this).
I named her the Sassy Suit because I felt like I was a bad ass sassy woman.
But honestly I have had really low self esteem growing up and still struggle with body issues. I have learned over the years to really embrace what I got... so thats what Im doing.. strutting the beach like a boss!
Finding a suit that compliments your body
1. You first want to pick what type of suit you are going for: a) sexy b) modest c) a bit of both
2. Then you want check in with yourself to see what you want to flaunt and what you want to cover up. But hey if you want to flaunt it all POWER TO YOU!
3. There are different body types so checking to see what realm you fall in to is also helpful
a. hourglass shape
b. pear shape
c. big busted
d. small busted ...etc
4. Then check with the patterns you like 1. Bold 2. Solid 3. Loud
5. Then check to see what you want to do in terms of activities
a. walking along the beach
b. swimming like there is no tomorrow
c. playing volleyball and being all sporty
d. lying in the chair reading a book
6. Think about your fave outfit and why you love it so much - what does it showcase and how do you feel, then try to imagine that in a suit.
THEN... VOILA! YOU NOW HAVE THE INFORMATION TO FIND YOUR SUIT!
For me, my suit is in the land of modesty with a bit of flirty! I typically like to cover up my tummy area and showcase my chesticles. I also love high wasted bottoms ( hence covering up the tummy). I also love fun patterns that are bright and playful. I think this is the first time I have found a suit that not only looks good but feels good. I was able to go on my vacation feeling badass and not scared that my boob was going to pop out when I jumped in the ocean.
Special shout out to The Secret Closet! For this awesome suit! If you are looking for a suit or if this one stood out to you then GUUUURRRL get on it! Message them!
The top is so comfy and super supportive of said chesticles