Join Ally as she explores different destinations
"If you can dream it, you can do it. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney
Disneyland: My Happy Place
We set out on a road trip (road trip packing guide coming soon...) on a adventure for my 30th year! Yes, Ive decided that I would celebrate my whole year birthday...
Turning 30 for me is a bit scary... I don't feel 30... in fact this is just a number... Now I could babble on about where I saw myself in my 30's but instead this blog is rather one where I will talking about never losing the magic.
What do I mean by "Magic"?
Well, I mean that little magic that allowed us as children to believe in fairytales, and to believe that dreams can come true.
For Walt Disney that is exactly what happened. He had dreams just like us and followed his amazing passions thus creating this beautiful place that I now call my Happy Place! Its a place where I can feel like a kid... Every time I set foot in DL... I am filled with so much joy and wonder.
15 Things you may have not known about Disneyland
1. Disneyland was originally built in a year
2. All of Tomorrow Lands plants are edible
3. Disneyland had only 18 attractions on opening day
4. The purple and orange tea cups on the Mad Tea Party are the fastest
5. The gold paint on the "Its a Small World" ride is made up of 22 karats
6. At the top of the Maddahorn ride sits a huge basketball court no joke! Apprently the employees use it on their breaks! crazy!
7. There is an apartment built above Disneys fire station - sign me up you have found a tenant!
8. The Pirates of the caribeean ride was supposed to be a "walk through" attraction... I'm glad they decided to make it a ride! I mean walking through like a museum really? The best part is the drop in the middle that gets me every time!!!!
9. Real human skeletons were used when Pirates first opened.. Anyone else feel that that was opening a can of worms!!! I wonder why they decided to use fake ones later on.... ahhh
10. Club 33 is the only place in Disneyland you can order alcohol... you know where to find me... getting crunk with mickey...
11. Walt Disney loved his park so much and seeing all the reactions that he would walk around the park and stand in line with people! what a guy!
12. Ticket prices on opening day were $3.50... now, more like $350.00!!!
13. There have only ever been three unscheduled days the park had to close. The days were the national day of mourning after John F. Kennedy was killed, after the Northridge earthquake in 1994, and on 9/11.
14. All the props in the Indiana Jones ride are from the actual Movie!
15.Ever notice that Disneyland doesn't sell gum? that's why the cobble stone looks pristine!
These were my favourite ones I learnt! Pretty cool!!!
Tips for your park days!
Here are some tips if you are planning out your adventures in the Parks!
1. Get the fast passes! - Basically you can go to certain stations in the Park and grab the fast pass cards. This ensures that you will get on faster later on in the day with allotted time slots!
2. Single riders lineup! - If you go with younger children this may not apply however if you are in a group and don't care to be on the same ride this is genius! We basically skipped a 45 min wait time and rode the Cars ride twice in that time!
3. Don't do the Magic Morning! - Years ago they would have this amazing opening celebration and Mickey and Mini would come out and dance with the Princesses! Now they just give you an extra hour and reality there are so many people its not worth the extra hour! Sleep in and save your energy.
4. Go to Ariel's Grotto! ( In California Adventure)- If you have a little you can plan a morning breakfast at Ariel's house! Then all the Disney Princesses show up! You get food and photos! Life made!
5. Tune Town is the bomb!- This is the place to be if you wanted to get a photo with Mickey, Mini and the rest of the crew! They hang out in their houses around 11-2pm in Tune Town! You get a walk through of the houses and photos!
6. Bring snacks and backup batteries! -If you plan on being there all day some snacks should be packed its hella expensive there! Also bring backup batteries to make sure you have enough juice for the day!
7. Map out your day! - Thus saves time going from one side of the park to another. get the map online and map the whole thing!!!
8. Dole Whip floats!-Check out the Dole Whip floats by the Tiki Room! You get Pineapple ice-cream floats in Pineapple juice!
9. NO SELFIE STICKS!- the ban this now! so make sure you don't bring them in or else you have to surrender them to the front!
10. Check the Sneak Peak theatre! - We got a sneak peak at Beauty and the Beast in 4D! and it was fabulous!
What an amazing trip it was to Disney! I hope that you will get a chance to visit!
Special thanks to Logiix for the backup battery charger & Ardene for the awesome Mickey outfits! I kept getting compliments on my backpack!