So This is 30
I have changed so much from the little over emotional shy girl I once was. I grew up with not a lot, with my mother working full time and a father who was in and out of jobs living in apartments with half my life with no car. I was made fun of, of the things I didn't have and always felt left out. I vowed to myself that I would make a better life and it shaped me to be more compassionate to others.
I graduated with a degree in Criminology with no debts because my mother taught me that if I didn't have the funds then it wasn't happening. Both her and I saved and paid my way through school. I worked full time for most of the year while going to school full time. It was difficult and many times I almost gave up but kept fighting because there was always fire in me pushing me.
I have always loved travelling and another thing I didn't do when I was little since we didn't have a lot of money. When I started my first job I always made sure to take 2 weeks off to travel places. I have been all over Europe, Mexico, States and I am so so thankful for the amazing opportunities that I have had.
I look back at my 30 years and I get way to emotional. I am so dam proud of myself. I built a business from nothing and have watched it grow more and more very year. I have given everything in to my photography business and now turning 30 and re-launching with so much more I can offer I fully feel like I have found my calling and it feel hella good.
Everyone has a story, we all have been through rough roads and we continue to fight through living out our dreams and our goals. But what I can say that is when you go through enlightenment periods, you start to learn more and more about yourself. You stop looking on to others for approval or for anything for that matter and you turn and look deeper into yourself. 20's have been a huge enlightenment period. I have changed so much in the ways that I treat myself and others around me. I no longer keep things inside and explode like a bomb, I don't take things to personally anymore and I sure as hell don't take crap from others. Thats another thing that happens during your enlightenment period, you get this crazy sense of yourself and the things you want and don't want. The things that no longer serve you, you get rid of. Wether it be that amazing Chanel bag, those ripped jeans that you wore for like 5 years straight or that horrible so called friend that shit talks about you and then is fake to your face. Then you make room for all the cool stuff like the new and improved bag that holds more stuff and cost half that price or the new jeans that are spandex so you can wear them even during woman week and your new friend who is the coolest and honest raddest person around who has your back and isn't shitty!
My friend you can have it all.
A lot of people ask me how I was able to build my little business to what is today and for the most part its all been a crazy ride that I tend to forget - maybe because I am just so happy now or maybe cuz I don't want to think about all the heartache in the beginning. Whatever the case, the one thing I have learned through life is this:
ASK FOR IT.
If you just put yourself out there, the only thing you have to lose is...NOTHING. If you started out with nothing then you have nothing to lose! There is no gamble! You just ask for it. Last week I asked a company oif they wanted to work work with me... they said no.. and not a nice no, like a really mean no. But guess what instead of crying or getting pissed I just decided it wasn't going to ruin my day and that I was the one who asked. But get this? The same day I got back 3 yes's! from other people I messaged!
There really is no secret to this. Turning 30 was a bit daunting at first but I embrace it all with open arms because if this is 30, then my friend I'll take it.
Photos by Chelsey Luren Portraits
Tony Robbins Recap
I was lucky enough to attend Tony Robbins in Vancouver a few weeks ago and after practicing what I learned I decided to share with all of you some of my important lessons learned.
1. There is always a way. In life we are constantly learning new things and yet most of the time we fail to apply them.
2. We are told since the 20th Century to behave passively and then when we behave with high energy we are mocked and misunderstood. We are told to fit in and not stand out.
3. Knowledge is the potential of power and actions change that outcome.
4. There are 2 skills to achieve an extraordinary life a. science of achievement b. the art of fulfillment
5. In life we are constantly looking for achievement and we will never fill that empty void whereas if we are looking for fulfilment we are able to live the life we want.
6. Information without emotion cannot be attained ( vis versa)
7. Read all the books and then APPLY
8. Repition is the mother of skill
9. When things go wrong, people play victim, and tend to blame everyone, the greatest quality of life is that we need to take 100% of our life and stop blaming others. If you take a look at people that are happy even when things don't go their way ( we can learn a lot from them)
10. When we fail we need to continue to work on getting what we want.
11. What are we afraid of? - of we were to write down all our fears and the reason why we were afraid to fail what would we write? How would we solve this problem?
12. People claim that it is a lack of resources but if you are DETERMINED enough you will succeed.
13. In business know who your clients are. Write down your ideal client and OFFER MORE VALUE. This is how we keep clients and create new wealth.
14. Learn how to become resourceful - we need to write what we are focusing on.
15. Whats wring is always available - so is whats right.
16. We need to be grateful and focus on what we have. We spend too much of our life always wanting more. Creating goals and achieving them but not being proud or being grateful for what we have. Try practicing "MARU" a state of gratitude. Always being grateful for what we have and focusing on the great things will allow us to be in a state of gratefulness and content.
17. If what we are doing isn't working we need to change our blueprint.
18. We need to find out why we are here? Increasing our quality of life allows us to see more in what we want in life and how to achieve it. We need to write what an extraordinary life looks like. When we write this down we get one step closer in to making our dreams a reality.
19. One of the reasons why we don't ever achieve a particular goal is that we don't take action. We need to change our approach when things don't go the way we want it to. The goal os effective execution. Try modelling someone and doing what they are doing. There is NO LUCK just a shift and perseverance.
20. Try being in a state of GRACE - more you see the grace the more it comes to you. We need to apply what we are taught and align that with abundance.
21. Giving in to stress and believing in those stressful thoughts allows us to get in to a low state so we are unclear and not on the right path.
22. The next time we feel down or upset, we need to realize that these thoughts are over 100 years old and not our original thoughts.
23. Our freedom is to master the art of fulfillment.
Now going in to my business full time and starting to celebrate my 30th birthday Month ( yes I am totally doing this) I felt like seeing Tony and applying what he discussed is starting to shape my future for the better.
"It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped."- Tony Robbins
I hope these notes helped a little! I wish I could go in to more detail but I guess you will just need to go see Tony Live! It will change your life!
Outfits from Whats Good Vintage
Entrepreneurship can be the most rewarding but at times the most loneliest.
When I first started the journey I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going to be going. All I knew was that I was stuck in a career I was not happy with and needed something more.
Luckily for me, I ended up joining awesome networking events meeting awesome people also going through the same journey as I was. I started to feel included and even better, I was able to connect on a deeper level with like minded people who understood where I was coming from. Suffice to say the term solopreneur did not exist in my vocab.
Through the past five years there have been many who have helped my business grow however 2 people have stood out who have not only supported me but help build what Allyfotografy is today. These two people are my husband Andrew and my partner in crime Alexa.
These two will always have my back, encourage me when I am down and motivate me to be the best I can be. They have helped me with getting my name out there and pushed me even when I didn't think I could push farther.
In the past five years I have met people who either will lift you higher or will bring you down. Some may even slip in unnoticed and strike when you least expect it. I always wonder who actually is here for my best interest and who is there for the wrong reasons.
I suppose I am pretty lucky with the people I have met, who changed my world and helped build my business and me as a person. As I move towards my newest venture : Going full time with Allyfotografy, I can't imagine going through this journey without having these 2 by my side.
Yes, entrepreneurship can be a lonely journey, but when you find likeminded people you will see things much clearer.
"Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise"
Glasses by Clearly
Tulips of the Valley Blogger Breakfast
The beauty of a tulip is simple or any other flower to be exact. Flowers grow, they bloom then they die. Flowers don't compete to try to be more beautiful than the next flower. A tulip doesn't try to become a lily or a rose. It is unique and special just on its own. We are just like flowers flourishing in the field, blooming and growing.
When was the last time you connected with yourself. When you planted your feet and stood with purpose.
If you are feeling disconnected with yourself or if you are just looking for a beautiful place to escape for an hour, Tulips of the Valley in Chilliwack is the best place to go. Located in Chilliwack this gorgeous field is covered in variations of tulips and will not only help you connect with the beauty of nature but also with yourself.
We recently attended the Tulips of the Valley Blogger breakfast hosted by Tulips of the Valley and Sequel Events
We had a chance to walk the fields early in the morning and take some photos just by ourselves! It was nice taking time to see my friends and enjoy some quiet time all while enjoying the fields.
I want YOU to go too so im giving away 2 passes to the Tulips of the Valley!!! All you have to do is like this post on Facebook and tag a friend you would bring, its that easy!
Here are some awesome shots by Holly Ho and also check out our little video recap!
Hawaii Beach Essentials: Featuring Logiix
Our trip to Hawaii was more than I expected! As written in my previous blog, we had such a great time just lounging and digging deep to find our purpose.
Andrew and I love laying by the beach and enjoying the beautiful sounds of the waves! Since we were only in Hawaii for 4 days and on budget, we needed to really take advantage of the time spent so we decided to stay mostly on the beach.
I have put together for you my top 10 essentials to bring to Hawaii for those great beach days!!!
Top 10 items to bring to the beach
1. You will need some awesome towels to lay on - we usually buy big blanket towels that we can use at the beach and also to take home as an awesome souvenir.
2. Music - We love just relaxing by the ocean, we brought along 2 different BT speakers with us by Logiix.
Blue Piston Elements Speaker: With HD sound this dual-function speaker and handsfree device lasts with over 8 hours of play time. With built-in Bluetooth capabilities and an IPX5 weather resistant speaker, you can truly bring your music to life anywhere, and in any weather which was perfect for our trip!. The built-in selfie function will also make your photo taking that much easier. This awesome speaker was great to bring out on our floaters on the water and we weren't afraid of getting it wet! Music on the ocean was the only way to go!
The other speaker we brought was the Blue Piston original BT speaker! This device packs some good sound and bonus it matched the ocean with its beautiful blue finish! It also has a custom HD driver for high quality sound and some super bass and plays up to 8 hours so we had music on the beach going strong too! The quality is amazing too with its durable aluminum housing and wireless speakerphone. We made calls on the beach and the noise reduction also helped as it was pretty loud by the ocean!
3. Water: keeping hydrated is so important and lucky for us we were given awesome reusable bottles from our hotel! so we stocked up on water!
4. Sun protection: bringing sunnies, sunscreen , hats and covers will protect you from the crazy Hawaii heat!!! Lucky for us we got some awesome sunnies from Ro-shambo-baby. These puppies are not only indestructible but they look awesome and are super comfy! Made in Italy and made for babies up to adults, you wont have to worry about stepping or laying on your sunnies ( like I always do)
5. Reading material: we brought our planners, books and magazines to keep us occupied on the beach!!! ABC store has an awesome local magazine which I snagged to read up on all the news in Waikiki!
6. Comfy swim gear: I was lucky enough to get an awesome suit that fit me. I was able to run around and swim freely knowing my suit would stay on securely!
7. Selfie stick: Since Andrew and I would be taking each others photos we took along a selfie stick to the beach so we could take some video and pictures so we both could be in it!
8. Comfy flip flops - we both love Sanuk and the company Reef and these two flip flops were perfect for walking in long distances and keeping our piggies safe from the burning Hawaii sand!
9. Back up battery chargers: we brought along multiple chargers just because we were at the beach for long periods of time with multiple electronics! We brought the new shortie cables by Logiix. These cables are much smaller designed for your back up batteries, quality is still the same, built with ultra slim aluminum connecters, tangle free. we brought the Piston elements back up charger and once again the durability of the charger helped for those wet beach days! Finally we brought along the Piston power 3400 mAh charger with a battery charge time of 3-4 hours. We love the compact design, the aluminum finish matching our piston speaker and shortie cable and of course ... the ocean!
10. Underwater camera/video camera!- we brought our go pro along for the trip to capture all our moments in and off the water! The Go- pro is the best cam around for water sports as it has the best housing while giving you a while angle shot of your scenery!!!
These are our top 10 beach items in order for you to become a beach bum in Hawaii! There is just something about hanging out on the beach, listening to your favortite music and watching the sun set... just magical
So, what are you waiting for? Book your next trip to Hawaii in style!
"You have your brush, you have your colors, you paint your paradise, then in you go”
Happy Valentines Day!
Valentines Day is a day to celebrate the loved ones in our lives! I am especially thankful for my hubby who is my parter in crime and who also supports me!
Sure, flowers and candy are the go to for gifts but for me my fave gift to receive is TECH!
Lucky for us @logiix has come out with some ahhhhmazing rose coloured chargers, cords and back up batteries that keep me charged and ready for the day and make me look fashionable at the same time!
But lets not forgot the greatest gift of all really is, love <3 Cheesy as that sounds!
So Happy Valentines Day, gift or no gift hold each other close and spread the love!
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea."
Afternoon tea was introduced in England by Anna, the seventh Duchess of Bedford, in the year 1840. The Duchess would become hungry around four o'clock in the afternoon. The evening meal in her household was served fashionably late at eight o'clock, thus leaving a long period of time between lunch and dinner. The Duchess asked that a tray of tea, bread and butter (some time earlier, the Earl of Sandwich had had the idea of putting a filling between two slices of bread) and cake be brought to her room during the late afternoon. This became a habit of hers and she began inviting friends to join her.
We recently had the pleasure of visiting the Enchanted Cake Studio & Tea Salon to taste their delicious high tea experience. High Tea is most definitely a must do in our family and we were over the moon that we got to be one of the first to sample the assortment of teas and food!
We were also so excited that we now have a place to go to close to home to experience high tea!
This is what you get when you order your high tea!
Panna Cotta to Start! Variety of decadent confections which may include: New York Cheese Cake, Chocolate Mousse, French Macaron, French Eclair.
Cream scones with Jam and Enchanted Devonshire Cream, Mushroom Medley Phyllo Cup, Savoury Mini Muffin with Goat Cheese. Curried Egg Salad on Croissant, Cucumber on Herb Cream Sandwich, Chicken Salad Sandwich, Smoke Salmon with Cream Cheese on Pumpernickel, Caramelized Onions in Puff Pastry.
Choice of Exquisite Organic Loose Leaf Teas: Organic Cream of Earl Grey, Organic Blood Orange Rooibos, Organic I'm Mint, Organic Mango Green Tea, Organic Red Cranberry, Organic White Peony & Jasmine.
I for one always order the Earl Grey as that is my go to when I think about high tea however, the ladies suggested we try the jasmine and mango tea and boy were we not disappointed! It was insanely delicious!
The service was amazing and right away we felt like we were family. The decor was on point as we felt like we were in London enjoying our afternoon tea!
Owners Karen and Sunny met at a cake decorating class and soon became good friends. At first the two made their beautiful cakes and food for friends and family but word got around about their amazing talents and soon they were getting calls fro strangers asking them to make their beautiful cakes and food for events and parties.
They opened up their business "Enchanted Cakes" which turned into a success!
They decided to expand and brought on Helen to the team and opened up Enchanted Cake Studio & Tea Salon store to share their delicious cakes and treats with all of us. They also support local which is always something that I am totally on bard with!
These ladies mean business as they have taken courses from the Vancouver pastry school and have attended courses with celebrity sugar artists around the world!
Over all our experience was a 10/10
We want to thank these ladies for their service and for sharing with us their love of baking and cooking!
Be sure to check out their grand opening celebration on Jan 21st from 10am-1pm
#107-19289 Langley Bypass Surrey BC
It’s that time of year. Time to re-evaluate and decide what we want in 2017. Maybe you
set goals last year, maybe you achieved some of them, or not. Well I’m here to help you
stay motivated this year!
Hi! I’m Jill. Health and fitness are my passion, and I get to live my dream (part time) by
being a group fitness instructor. I LOVE being a fitness instructor because I get to work
with a lot of different people, and honestly, it’s so much more fun than a treadmill! If you
don’t believe me, come join me for a BollyX class some time! ;) Group fitness classes
are not a direct path to “losing weight,” they are so much more. Group fitness builds
community, gets people moving, provides encouragement and support, and offers an
affordable option for supervised exercise – all things that I think are much more
important than reducing a number on a scale. Anywhoo...enough about me (if you want
to know more about me, check out my social media links at the end of this post!)
We’ve all heard the same information about setting goals for years – keep them SMART
(specific, measurable, attainable, realistic/relevant, time-constrained). This is good
advice, but how many times have you set out a goal, checked off all your “smart”
parameters, and then still didn’t achieve what you set out to do?
Here’s another question for you – Did you keep it a secret?
We’re so afraid of failing that we so often keep our goals quiet. We don’t tell family and
friends, because then we can fail quietly too. I am THE WORST for this. Everyone has
his or her own reasons for not sharing, but usually it’s out of fear – the fear of failure, or
fear of judgment.
As much as we don’t want people to know we failed, we don’t want people to think we’re
weird. Goals often require some sacrifice; something needs to change in order to create
changes. It’s hard and scary to do things differently than others around us, but it’s
necessary if you want to produce a different outcome.
Don’t get me wrong, there are times that maybe we shouldn’t be plastering facebook with
what it is we want – for example, if you’re having difficulty conceiving, you want your
toddler to stop pooping in the hallway, etc. but even in these circumstances, it might be
helpful to share your struggle with your partner or a close friend.
So many of our goals center around money, food, or health and at some point, these have
become shameful topics that we’re not supposed to talk about. Well, I say eff it!
Chances are people will be more supportive than you think, and you are what is getting in
If you found out tomorrow that a friend was trying to save for a down payment, how
would you feel or act? You’d likely be supportive, and instead of a big meal out, maybe
you’d invite them over and cook for them, right? When other people know what your
goals are, they’re willing to help you achieve them.
For me, I’ve always struggled with my body and my relationship with food. Working in
the fitness industry is a double-edged sword. I have the information and resources to
obtain a 6-pack....but....I like cake and boozy drinks. Let’s be real, people.
What I have learned over the year is that when I get a good handle on my relationship
with food, is that the other aspects of my life start to come together a lot better. The
reverse is also true – when my eating habits go down the tube, so does my mental,
emotional, and spiritual health. But why am I telling you this? Because I’m a secret
keeper when it comes to goals that I set out, and so I figured what better way to
encourage you to share your goals, than to put mine out there.
This year I’m focusing on my own health and that starts with food.
If you have any weight or health related goals, I encourage you to join me. I’m
participating in a Whole30 starting January 2. Check out my facebook page
for WHY I choose to participate in the Whole30 program.
OMG clicking somewhere else? So much work. I know. The quick and dirty answer is:
•It’s not a diet
•It focuses on non-scale victories (ie. actual health not just weight)
•It’s free (it’s NOT a multilevel marketing program)
All the best for the new year!
New Year,Nude you... well actually i’m not nude but my face is pretty nude lol
2016 was an interesting year, there were many amazing things that happened and some awful stuff that happened too. I choose to not dwell in the negative which was something that kind of took over the beginning of the year and set a dark tone for 2016.
Instead I choose to look at 2017 as a year of re-birth!
2016 tested me in ways I couldn't of imagined and ultimately prepared me and shaped me for 2017.
I wanted my first blog post of 2017 to be real, raw and also at the same time empowering. So instead of putting on a glittery dress, throwing around confetti and popping champagne ( although this sounded amazing) I decided to do raw shoot. No makeup, no hair done, just raw, real and well... just me.
I also decided to extend the shoot to any ladies who wanted to do this with me as it was a bit nerve wrecking. I gathered some amazing women and even had humblehumansapparel make some amazing shirts for the shoot.
It was important for me to do this shoot and I’ll tell you why….
How many of us nit pick at ourselves? I constantly complain about my weight or my weird neck or my non existent jaw line!!!. I get obsessed and then I fall in to a sadness when reality is I should be embracing my so called “flaws” as they make me unique and make me ME! So instead I have decided that 2017 will be a year of owning my imperfections and see this as the real beauty!
I have decided that the new beauty is not hiding behind the makeup and really showing the world we love ourselves, flaws and all!!
I’m not saying that its bad to put on some makeup! Intact my vanity is filled with beauty products! I am saying that it is important to love ourselves with or without the makeup!
Its proven that when we let go and truly embrace ourselves we learn to love ourselves fully which leads to having a better relationship with others!
Women spend way too much money on cosmetics that claim to make then more beautiful. The truth is beauty is within all of us. We need to change the definition of beauty. With all the beauty tips in the world the most important one is to love and accept yourself.
My hopes are for 2017 that we can all see ourselves as beautiful flaws and all for it is those flaw that make us real!
Heres to a 2017 that will be our most realest one yet!!!
Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I cant believe that we have done so many giveaways, so many awkward videos ... these are memories I will treasure forever!
Their vegan deodorant uses activated charcoal; a detoxifying, odor and moisture absorbing powerhouse! Combined with gently moisturizing shea and cocoa butter, your underarms won't get irritated. Antibacterial coconut oil draws out odor-smelling bacteria, while the lemongrass and tea tree leave you smelling fresh. Most importantly, it's aluminum-free! This all-natural deodorant actually works!
Their lovely, vegan scrub combats cellulite! Coffee increases blood flow helping to repair the skin, and the caffeine helps tighten it. Both coffee and sugar exfoliate to remove dead skin cells, leaving your skin revived and glowing. The shea butter and coconut oil nourish the skin, leaving it oh' so soft! I AM ALL ABOUT THE COFFEE SCRUB LIFE!
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT!!!